What some people had to say about this Blog

"I honestly think it's great! It's legit!! I love the look and feel. It reads great too.. Feels very genuine and honest. Houston needs this bad! Its long overdue."
-Alex Luster - Filmmaker/Producer (Stick 'Em Up)

"I think it's really good, the first thing that came to my mind was 'bout fucking time. I like it a whole lot."
-Tino Ortega - Musician/Songwriter (CHangoMan)

"Excelente!!!! Muchas gracias por esa reseña tan buena y sincera. Buenisimo el blog, y me parece que hace falta! "
-Diego Fernández - Musician/Producer (Espantapájaros)

"Let me just say its off the chain! I like how you don't sugar coat it and are so direct with the bands you reviewed."
-Tito Nuñez - Bassist (Paulette)


Monday, May 16, 2011

Meet Paulette, a new and refreshing set of faces in Houston's Spanish Rock scene.


This is a band I first heard of back in Mid-2010 and let's just say that I wasn't very impressed. Fortunately, they became aware that things had to change if they really wanted to succeed and took matters into their own hands.

Knowing it was going to take a huge effort and a lot of work in their part to ameliorate the situation, in early 2011 they decided to take some time off to analyze their circumstances and took the first step towards reaching their goals and under new management, performed a total overhaul of their image, refined their songs and worked on everything else that needed improvement and resurfaced in Mid-2011 as Paulette, ready to take on the challenges that await. The guys of Paulette didn't waste time, they put together a powerful set to help them conquer Houston's discerning public and jumped straight into the local Spanish Rock scene armed with a completely new strategy.

I must say, I do see a lot of improvements but I'm not yet impressed and I have yet to be blown away by them, but I get the feeling that if they keep putting this much effort in things, at this rate, it's going to happen... soon. Today, they're working on their debut album "...Ahora estoy mejor" to be released in July. You can follow Paulette on facebook or by visiting their Reverbnation page. So stop by, check out their music and if you dig what you hear, don't forget to let them know by pressing the like button on their profile.

No comments:

Post a Comment